Beauty is not so much what you see, but what you dream.
~Old Proverb~

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Proverbs

Today I was so tired...The pup woke us up last night at about 2 am and kept waking us up every few hours afterwards. I'd been dragging all day, but I just needed to run to the grocery store really quick and I would be done for the evening. I finished buying my groceries, jumped into the car to begin backing out, my thoughts all on heading straight home and having a few minutes to catch a quick nap before I would help Mama with dinner. However as I backed out into the main lane of the parking lot I felt a bump and heard someone blaring a horn. I sighed feeling annoyed as I looked into my rear veiw mirror and saw a tiny silver VW Bug sitting right behind me. I pulled back into my parking space and got out of the car. My attitude was huffy as I walked over to the tiny middle aged blonde lady inspecting her little car. "What had she been doing just lingering right behind me! " I thought- what she said I would never have expected! She was kind and sweet and exhibited a very Christlike attitude! She asked me if I was okay and as we examined both cars we realized there was no damage. She calmed my irritation in only a moment with her gentle voice and seemed more concerned for me and my car than for her own which probably had cost much more.
As we parted ways and I returned to the driver seat I felt like bursting in to tears! Here was such a good example of that verse in Proverbs! There I was tired and grumpy and irritated and ready to defend myself with all might, and there she was just completely kind and humble and more concerned for others that herself! What an example! I feel like the little blond lady taught me such a huge lesson and I don't even know her name! I'm thankful that the Lord sent her along to show me the beauty of kindness and gentle answers and how they can turn what could be a nasty situation into a lesson for a tired grumpy person. I hope that should there ever be a next time, I can have such a Christ like attitude!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Trinity! It's been awhile since I stopped by here, but you have certainly brightened my day! I want to comment on every single post, but I'm going to just say, KEEP IT UP!!! I love your attitude about life and your desire to do away with complacency and to honor the Lord in every area of your life.

    ReplyDelete

Followers