Beauty is not so much what you see, but what you dream.
~Old Proverb~

Wednesday, April 14, 2010



Its perfectly stormy out tonight, but I snapped this picture right before It started to rain. It was sunny and black all at once and the Lord spread his rainbow out over the velvet of the leaden sky. It was perfectly beautiful!


Liz and I and our friend Amanda worked out in the yard today. It was warm and pleasant and we were able to accomplish a lot! I was so thankful and pleased! So were my parents. :D

The sunshine and warmish weather probably brings out the spring fever in all of us. Isn't it just the most wonderful thing to get out side! Liz mowed the lawns while Amanda and I were weeding. I wish I could have been quick enough with the camera to catch Lizzie waving a stick in front of her before mowing so as to " scare away all the spiders" :) I guess maybe we all tend to be creeped out by them a little, but she is so funny about her fear. :)

When I came inside as the afternoon wore down I decided to clean things up a bit and get out the fresh spring curtains and take down and wash all the winter ones. Mama usually likes it alot when we do this...kinda gives a new look to the whole living space. :D
Gramma watched me putting them up and told me stories about spring cleaning back in her day. She is such a darling, funny person sometimes! She talked about driving her family crazy with her cleaning habits and told me how her neighbors used to tease her about sweeping the house after they would leave. :D She laughed as she admitted to me that they weren't that far off! What a splendidly tidy housekeeper she must have been in her day! She still enjoys doing what she can... she does dishes and folds baskets of laundry every day. What a blessing!



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful picture of the storm Trin'! I simply love it! You should become a photographer! ;-) Love you! Sound like you all had fun working in the yard!

    ReplyDelete

Followers