Beauty is not so much what you see, but what you dream.
~Old Proverb~

Monday, April 12, 2010

Completely Thankful!

Yay its day three for my new commitment to eat better! Things have been going well, so far. I got through the weekend and as we all know that can be a huge challenge since we too often just let it all go as the busyness of weekend even so much as approaches. :) So I'm very thankful to the Lord that he helped me so abundantly! I was even able to turn down Strawberry Rhubarb Pie and vanilla ice cream, on Sunday afternoon! No boasting intended either! I'm just completely thankful for the Lord's help in keeping my commitments. It can be so hard sometimes!
This morning while I was looking up verses on contentment I found myself in Philippians 4:11-13
....for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:11-13

~ Contentment really does apply to all areas of our lives! Could it be that it even apply's to what we eat? I think that it really does! If Paul could be content to go hungry than surely I can be content to choose and eat the foods that are good for my body! Why, really that isn't a sacrifice at all compared to going hungry! Its a chance rather to practice self control and contentment...being satisfied :D

Contentment: Rest or quietness of the mind in the present condition; Satisfaction which holds the mind in peace, restraining complaint, opposition, or further desire, and often implying a moderate degree of happiness.
~ Websters Dictionary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers