Beauty is not so much what you see, but what you dream.
~Old Proverb~

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Catch Up :)


Summer Time!!!
Its been so long since I was last able to post, but I finally got around to taking some pictures of the garden and family over the last couple of months. I even took a few pictures of the newest members of the farm...They joined us about 2 weeks ago, and I have to say they are the sweetest things! :D
Today it was hot and sunny, and I had time to snap some photos of my sister and her husband, that I thought I would add :)
Aren't they sweet!!
This picture was taken on the trail that leads to our garden ...
When we first moved in we didn't even notice these tiny birdhouses hanging from the trees... I've spotted two of them recently, a general store and this one. Aren't they darling! :)
Part of the garden...Dad and Richard put the pvc over the boxes so that they could cover them with plastic and Mama's tomato's wouldn't die. They were so cute they looked like a covered wagon:)
More Garden...
And meet Miss Velvet! She's so sweet and gives us rich, delicious, creamy milk twice a day. Actually I didn't like goats milk at all...everyone always talks about its gamey flavor and the yucky aftertaste that's common with goat cheese, but this time when I took a drink, I waited for the taste and waited and it didn't come! I took another taste and waited and still there was no taste! I poured a big glass and drank the whole thing! Yum! Its amazing! NO flavor...just very sweet and delicious. My mama and I have decided that its all about how you care for the milk once its in the bucket. We put our milk pail in a bucket of ice and milk into the cold pail, then we take it directly inside and strain it into glass milk bottles setting a sink full of ice water. Afterwards it is immediatley covered and placed in the fridge...the result the next morning: Absolutely delicious, ice cold, milk. :D
And here is velvet...She's a yearling and will freshen about Christmas time! yay! :D
Miss Ella :)
Yay! Chickens! Dad converted the old garden shed into a sweet little coop for our 18 chickens...its covered on one side with a lilac, isn't it darling!
My sweet sisters! I love them so much! Lately we've been able to spend lots of time together since Rich and Sarah moved over here too! Good memories! :)
Two of my favorite people in the world! Happy Early Birthday to you Sarah Jane!!
Dad and Mama! If you don't know my parents I wish you did! They're amazing people! They accomplish things so fast and are such wonderful and inspiring people! :)
Our precious Suzy! She's the sweetest little baby ever! She loves hugs and cuddles and those little chubby cheeks are perfect for kissing!
I couldn't resist adding just a few pictures of my kittens...they were born about 6 weeks ago and are almost ready for new homes. They are so fat and healthy and sweet and the best little hunters you can imagine. Their mama is teaching that a mouse a day keeps that vet away :)lol
Dan hard at work digging fence posts and Rich and Sarah in the background stretching fence...
Daddy, tilling up the garden...I love this picture, it reminds me of when I was a little girl and would sit on the lawn in the back yard and watch , or my sisters and I would line up behind him and walk in his exact footsteps as he tilled, following him like a little train :)
lol! They're so cute!!
Awww! :D
Velvet gazing at me from across the yard...

Little sweethearts!
Rich and Sarah's kitten, Sherbert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers