Beauty is not so much what you see, but what you dream.
~Old Proverb~

Tuesday, August 16, 2011


imgres.jpg

Beautiful Things


Lately I have been inspired by beautiful things....I went to an antique store with my mom a few weeks ago and couldn't help but feel thrilled by the beauty of "old" beautiful things! There's just something special about things that someone else cherished and loved enough to preserve over the years, and of course there's the extra perk of finding something that is "just perfect" for only 50 cents. :)

imgres.jpg

I absolutely love the pillow above! doesn't a pillow just add a touch of luxury to outdoor seating?!


10-steps-to-new-cottage-style.<span class=


I'm such a fan of outdoor luncheons and tea parties! Who doesn't enjoy an afternoon of sweet beverage and good conversation!! In addition the decorating at such get-to-gethers is always fabulous, unique, and inspiring.


beach-cottage-flowers-decorating-2.<span class=



I love the idea of flowers in old bottles and jars....so romantic and whimsical! Wouldn't it be charming for a wedding?




<span class=


I'm definitely the sort of person who would buy milk at the store in its ugly carton or jug and bring it home to put in my sweet old glass milk bottles. :) Better yet, if the milk is fresh and rich and has never come in contact with the super market. ;-)



<span class=


I ve been thinking that each week I would like to try and and post pictures of something new that I've made or found for our home. I have to admit I'm kind've a sucker for anything shabby chic or even anything that tends in that direction. While most shabby chic name brand home furnishings are decidedly outside my budget I've found that you can often find them at good will and other thrift stores. Also, it absolutely does not have to be name brand to be your FAVORITE thing EVER! It can be home made or a thrift store find...something from a flea market or bazaar....an online boutique, a family heirloom! An antique...the main thing is to remember to use it or put it somewhere where you get to enjoy it! Hiding it away for safe keeping is so sad, when it never comes out to be enjoyed and appreciated!

Who doesn't love a fun cottage surrounded with blooms! :D


imgres.jpg

When I was a little girl we had a beautiful blue and white bathroom with a white claw foot tub. I remember mom sanding and painting the tub herself. It was so deep and fun! This picture reminded me of that... and even better then the white one, this one is pink!!!!


<span class=


I love the idea of rolling towels up and placing them on shelves or stands...




<span class=


There's something about white or light colored bedding that is luxurious and inviting! How wonderful is it to slip into a cozy bed after a day of hard work...or even perhaps for the occasional, well deserved nap?? :)

imgres.jpg



imgres.jpeg



<span class=


.....And if there's not enough time to slip into the bedroom for a rest, the cozy corner with a cup of tea, always has its charm ~




<span class=


imgres.jpg










No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers