Beauty is not so much what you see, but what you dream.
~Old Proverb~

Thursday, September 15, 2011

TIme after Time

Time after Time~

And when they cried out to you again, you heard from Heaven and in your compassion you delivered them time after time.
Nehemiah 9:28




Last night when I was having my study time I was greatly made aware of the Lord's infinite compassion and faithfulness to his loved ones.
I think to often we let our hearts get loaded down or broken-we ache with the sorrow, sadness, disappointment, frustration, and pain that no one can share except He. He can share it AND He desires to! His compassion is such that nothing is too small or insignificant for Him. He cares about it ALL! All He asks is that we cry out to Him and lift our aching and brokenness to Him! And when we do, He is there. He is always there!
It says in Nehemiah 9:28 that he was there time after time! He was patient (Nehemiah 9:30) He waited for His people! Longing for them to come to Him! Longing for their communion! Yet they rebelled. Time and again they turned from Him , and grieved His Father's heart.
As I considered the scripture passage from Nehemiah (9:17-28) I was awed by the Lord's compassion, His mercy, faithfulness and forgiveness. I was so sad when I looked into my own life and realized how often I don't come to Him with my heart and try to turn to my own strength, much like the Israelites turning to their gods.
Dear ones my heart longs to share with you the joy of bringing our hearts to our King! He is the creator of the world! Master of the the universe and He can well understand our overflowing hearts. His compassion is so great that there are hundreds of verses describing it throughout the Bible. One verst beautifully relates how He cares so much as to "Store up our tears in a bottle". Wether taken figuratively or literally it hardly matters-its the truth that He cares about those tears and longs to be the source of our peace and comfort.

" And Jesus said 'come to the water,
stand by my side,
I know you are thirsty,
you won't be denied.
I felt every tear drop,
when in darkness you cried.
And I strove to remind you,
that for those tears I died.'"

~ Old Hymne~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers