Beauty is not so much what you see, but what you dream.
~Old Proverb~

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Open Windows~

Last night I was going through my weekly Bible Study and a quote by Beth Moore caught my attention.
"The only way to get through a window God doesn't open is to break it yourself. This window is sure to leave you injured. Don't do it....Wait on the Lord...Someday you'll be glad you did. "

I was thinking about several times in my life when I'v felt like there should be a "window" there... a door, a hatch! Something! And there just wasn't! Surely there was something I could do to make it work! Looking back I can sometimes see the reasons the Lord closed those windows, sometimes I don't see a single reason at all, but regardless, this quote reminded me how thankful I should be for the closed windows! Thankful too for the strength to walk away from the ones that I thoroughly desired to just break into! Thankful for being saved the "cuts" and "wounds" that are always sure to come when we run ahead of the Lord and lean on our own understandings rather that trusting and waiting on Him!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Trin, it's ironic that I would read this blog entry today. This has been on my mind the last day or so as I have read and thought about Proverbs 3:5-6 many times. It's funny how you can read something so many times in the past and then when you revisit it, you see deeper into it and it gives new meaning and understanding. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers