Beauty is not so much what you see, but what you dream.
~Old Proverb~

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Lately

Lately ~
        Blessed is he...whose hope is in the Lord...Who Made Heaven and earth, the sea and all that is in them: who keeps faith forever.
                                        Psalm 145:5-6
Lately things have been different than I ever would have imagined  in my first year of marriage...but they have been really amazing too. Andy started chemo on Monday and
 he has been feeling better. Today he hasn't even had to take half of the nausea medicine that the doctor said he would... I know that probably won't be true of every day, but Andy reminds me to just take it one day at a time and enjoy each little win. :)
  Andy isn't exactly enjoying his new eating plan... ;-) heehee, but he eats like a trooper and is so positive and sweet about it, although he still grimaces when I bring him aloe vera juice twice a day. I just smile and tell him how good it is for him and the grimace goes away. I did tons of research about what we could do nutritionally that would 'compliment' the chemo and the nurse at the infusion clinic also gave me a ton of information. We decided to go entirely organic and start using food as a medicine as well. I juice about 15 pounds of veggies and fruit for him every day so far and though he doesn't particularly LOVE the fresh carrot/apple juice, like I do, :) he drinks it up, no problem. :) He also drinks ALOT of fresh chicken broth and eats creamy soups and as many steamed dark green veggies as I can get in him. Today he had steamed spinach and toast for breakfast. Definitely not a breakfast of choice, but he ate it up without a complaint. :) I think I may have even gagged on that one.
  Anyhow, lately things have been different, but in lots of good ways, with the hard ones. I spend LOTS of time in the kitchen, making things from scratch and its tiring, but then I also get to snuggle up next to my husband for and hour or two at a time and we chatter and nap...he tells me stories about hunting and his childhood and I get to spend more time with him than ever before! Its such an amazing blessing despite the sickness, and Andy reminds me lots of times that God's timing is impeccable, he never makes mistakes. Things are NEVER out of HIS control, and when we belong to HIM we never have to be afraid. We cling to that on so many days when we get scared of what lies ahead and all the unknowns.  Those unknowns will drive you insane if you let them. So much better to put them in God's hands and let him keep you safe, surrounded by his peace. Besides, Andy and I were just talking today, that in spite of the illness and the fear it likes to inspire there are so many little blessing to this time, like the way it has brought us even closer to the Lord and to each other. Maybe its not the way we would have chosen for that to happen? Surely, we think, there must be better ways, that don't involve so many tears! But who are we to question God's sovereignty and the beauty of his timing? We are HIS and he is the author of our lives. Just need to keep trusting and hoping and praying, after all, HE is the GREAT PHYSICIAN.
 
    FOR LO I AM WITH  YOU ALWAYS, EVEN UNTO THE END OF THE WORLD.
                                                            Matthew 28:20

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said, friend, your faith is a testimony of God's grace to the world... you are an inspiration! Love you and praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete

Followers