Beauty is not so much what you see, but what you dream.
~Old Proverb~

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Our Summer

Our summer was kinda crazy busy and full of so many wonderful things! We got to celebrate the weddings of two dear, dear friends about a month a part and were honored with the privilege of being a their bridesmaids. So much traveling and a little stress but tons of fun. Thank you to Hannah and Laurie for making us part of your special day!! We love you!

Hannah's wedding. She was breathtaking. The ceremony was beautiful and Christ centered and there was dancing and lemon cake and the newlywed game! And then the bride and groom drove away in a big souped up pick up truck. So perfect!




There was quite a bit of business going on and this small person may have slept though quite a bit of it.
We went to Oktoberfest for the first time since I was a kid! So much fun! I may or may not have come home with an exquisite Bavarian style dress for my baby bug.



Johnny taught Aimee-Jane how to ride his trike... Or at least how to hold her own when she got a chance with it. :)
We spent a week camping up at Little Lava Lake

And went swimming in Bull Praire Lake when we went camping over by Spray

And here is little smiles at her Uncle Ryans Wedding. That began at 7. 7 am. That was perfectly gorgeous and so special and Ill have to download a picture sometime to prove it. :)

And that was our summer friends! We're thankful for the cooler weather of Fall that has been descending at night and running for the hills as soon as the sun comes up. ;) We have been crafting and baking scrumptious pumpkin things. Aimee-Jane learned how to paint one day when my back was turned. It was a fabulous creation of splotches on my newly stenciled garland. Woohoo. I hung it up anyway. :) We are still staying with my parents for now. Loving their little cottage home. I have had so many fun days helping my mom redo different things and adding d├ęcor little by little. I appreciate the times of fellowship with she and my Dad while we're having dinner or drinking coffee/tea in the morning before the sun comes up. I appreciate their help with Bug and all the things they are teaching me. I won't sugar coat it and make it sound like everything is always just so so. That would simply not be true to life. We have our ups and downs with the best of them. Some days I am just so thankful to see bedtime roll around, hand the day over to the Lord and sleep until the freshness of the new one begins. Sometimes life is hard! Lets just be honest! But with the hard times there are good times and there is grace. Still.  And as someone else put it better:
       "...you don't understand now what I am doing, but someday you will."
                                                                                                          John 13:7
      "Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him."
                                                                                                          Psalm 62:5
And to that. Amen. <3 strong="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers